ODAC conducts test case litigation i.e. ODAC involves itself with litigation on the PDA and PAIA with an interest in setting Jurisprudential precedent and at the same time giving content to various provisions in these statues that – to date – remain ambivalent or ill defined. Further ODAC endeavours with its test case litigation to give content to the Right to Know and effect to Socio economic rights of communities.
Below is the list of active cases currently on ODAC’s file. All the cases are at different legal stages.
- FORTUIN versus MINISTER OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- To expose the Department’s non –compliance with its own internal regulations and thereby expose corruption.
- BRUMMER versus MINISTER OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT & WELFARE
- To obtain the correspondence that will expose a corrupt relationship between IT Lynx Consortium and the then Minister
- MOJALEFA MURPHY versusNATIONAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION
- To obtain the report of an internal investigation conducted whilst client was employed with Respondent and in so doing clear his name and render him more employable.
- MALCOLM LANGFORD & CALS versus JOHANNESBURG WATER PTY LTD
- To obtain research data in order to assist client with formulating policy for local government regarding water usage.
- ROBERTSON ABATTOIR versus COMMERCIAL STEVEDORING AGRICULTURAL & ALLIED WORKERS UNION (CSAAWU)
- ODAC are representing CSAAWU in an application brought to interdict them from complaining about alleged unlawful labour practices at the abattoir.